Living Well with a Cardiac condition Course
What is Living Well with a Cardiac Condition about?
- This is a five session course, delivered by your FREE local NHS Service on a weekly basis.
- Sessions last for 90 minutes (plus a break of 15 minutes) and is delivered in a convenient local venue.
- It is especially tailored for people living with a Cardiac Condition who are feeling low, worried or stressed who would like to learn clinically proven techniques, to overcome common symptoms of stress, anxiety and low mood.
- You can chose to be involved in discussions or simply just listen.
- It is an opportunity to meet other people living with heart problems and learn from each other’s experiences.
- You will receive a FREE workbook at each session
Who is this course most suitable for?
- The course is most suited to people who have a diagnosis of Coronary Health Disease, Heart Failure, Atrial Fibrillation or Angina. It can also help to boost self – esteem.
- If you don’t think this course is suitable for you please talk to one of your facilitators.
What is cognitive Behaviour Therapy? Learn about goal setting and managing sleep difficulties and the benefits of relaxation and practice relaxation techniques.
Managing anxiety about the future and problem solving and practicing relaxation techniques
Understanding how a heart condition can affect how we think and understanding generalised worry and anxiety and how to solve problems
Managing low mood using your activities and behaviour and revisiting relaxation
Lifestyle behaviours and how you can maintain the changes you have made for the future
How will this help me?
- This course can help you understand how living with a heart condition can affect your mood and wellbeing.
- Teach you strategies that you can use in your day to day life
- Increase your confidence and stay well to focus on doing things that are important to you