What is Living Well with a Respiratory Condition about?
- This is a five session course, delivered by your FREE local NHS Service on a weekly basis.
- Sessions last for 90 minutes (plus a break of 15 minutes) and is delivered in a convenient local venue.
- It is especially tailored for people living with a Respiratory Condition who are feeling low, worried or stressed who would like to learn clinically proven techniques, to overcome common symptoms of stress, anxiety and low mood.
- You can chose to be involved in discussions or simply just listen.
- It is an opportunity to meet other people living with respiratory conditions and learn from each other’s experiences.
- You will receive a FREE workbook at each session
Who is this course most suitable for?
- The course is most suited to people who have a diagnosis of a Respiratory condition like COPD or who experience breathlessness. It can also help to boost self – esteem.
- If you don’t think this course is suitable for you please talk to one of your facilitators.
Understanding pulmonary conditions and the experience of breathlesssness. What is Cognitive Behaviour Therapy? How can CBT help? Learn about panic, the benefits of relaxation and practice relaxation techniques.
Understanding the difference between anxiety and respiratory condition symptoms. Look at how anxiety affects the body and how we can manage it. Learn about avoidance and how to overcome this.
Managing low mood by gradually increasing activity levels. Learn about pacing and practice relaxation techniques.
What is generalised anxiety and worry? Learn about worry management, how to challenge unhelpful thoughts and problem solving.
Lifestyle behaviours and how you can maintain the changes you have made for the future.
How will this help me?
- This course can help you understand how living with a respiratory condition can affect your mood and wellbeing.
- Teach you strategies that you can use in your day to day life
- Increase your confidence and stay well to focus on doing things that are important to you