We know that being diagnosed with Diabetes Type 2 can be difficult and overwhelming and that it can impact on every area of life. This can impact on confidence and the daily management of your Diabetes.
We are offering a therapy group for individuals diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes and consequently are experiencing difficulties with anxiety and low mood.
The group aims to improve the understanding of symptoms of anxiety and low mood and look at how this may impact on the management of your Diabetes.
What is the Living Well with Diabetes course about?
This is a five session course, delivered by your FREE local NHS Service on a weekly basis.
- Sessions last for 90 minutes (plus a break of 15 minutes) and is delivered in a convenient local venue.
- It is especially tailored for people living with a Type 2 Diabetes who are feeling low, worried or stressed who would like to learn clinically proven techniques, to overcome common symptoms of stress, anxiety and low mood.
- You can chose to be involved in discussions or simply just listen.
- It is an opportunity to meet other people living with type 2 Diabetes and learn from each other’s experiences.
- You will receive a FREE workbook at each session
Who is this course most suitable for?
- This course is for anyone with a diagnosis of Type 2 Diabetes who is looking to learn tools and techniques to manage their emotional wellbeing.
What does the course cover?
- Exploring the challenges of living with diabetes
- Managing expectations of ourselves and others
- Managing difficult thoughts
- Techniques to manage our worries
- How anxiety/ low mood can impact us after a diagnosis of diabetes.
- Setting goals and managing daily activities
- Helpful ways to reduce stress
- Useful techniques for relaxation
How will this help me?
- This course can help you understand how living with type 2 Diabetes can affect your mood and wellbeing.
- Teach you strategies that you can use in your day to day life.
- Increase your confidence and stay well to focus on doing things that are important to you.