SilverCloud is a new way to access the support you need from Health in Mind, at a time and place which fits with your busy schedule and can be accessed any time of day, from your laptop, smartphone or tablet.
SilverCloud is an online self-help programme using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) based techniques similar to interventions delivered by our Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners.. CBT looks at how our thoughts, feelings and behaviours all interact with one another to keep our low mood or anxiety going. This programme will teach you more about what CBT is and will offer many activities to help you make practical changes to your mood.
It is aimed to help individuals suffering from anxiety and depression or a mixture of both and is designed to be able to fit in with your lifestyle. As this is a valuable resource, there is a fee to use the programme but we will buy the license on your behalf so you can access the programme for free.
It is interactive, flexible and available 24/7, online via a computer, tablet or mobile phone. You can use the SilverCloud programme entirely at your own pace and to fit in with your busy schedule.
It uses a mix of quizzes, videos and journals which can be tailored to your own needs. There are many different programmes available to help with depression or anxiety, your supporter should have gone through these with you and selected the programme to help with your needs. If you have any questions about this please contact your supporter.
Each programme consists of 7-8 core modules and it is recommended for you to complete 1 module per week, each module takes about 40 minutes to complete. During the week you should continue to log onto the programme and complete the activities the programme sets you to do. The more you are able to put into the programme the more you will get out.
· Accessible - This programme is designed to be able to use whenever and where ever you are e.g. lunch breaks, on the bus, in the evening etc.
· Flexible - no fixed or rigid appointments allowing you to set your own pace.
· Easy to use – interactive tools make our experience interesting and motivational
· Supported – your supporter will be able to log on, view your progress, answer any questions you may have and be able to give you additional information, feedback and guidance on things to help you manage your mood better.
· Effective – Existing evidence looking at the effectiveness of SilverCloud has shown high improvement rates for depression and anxiety helping people overcome and manage their mood better whilst increasing their sense of wellbeing.
It is interactive and flexible, available 24/7, online via computer, tablet or mobile phone.
To access the service please complete an online referral on the contact page and state in the free text information that you're interested in using SilverCloud. Contact page