Dealing with Worry - Video Course
Everyone experiences worry and anxiety from time to time. This can be triggered by work, ill-health, problems within the family or other challenging life events. Worry can build up and can also lead us to think about all the worst case scenarios and lead us to believe that we can't cope.
'Dealing with Worry' is a 3 session video course which aims to help you to understand more about the impact of worry, (emotionally and physically) and how our thoughts and behaviours can keep our anxiety going. We will show you clinically proven techniques to deal with your worries, based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
The course is completely online via videos, with new content released each week, making it a flexible option to fit with you. There's also a supporting booklet with exercises to work through, so you can apply the skills to your individual situation.
This course is conducted completely online and clinicians are unable to offer individual support. If you feel you need a more interactive course, please check out our other offerings or make a self-referral to the service for an assessment.
Who is it for?
- People struggling with increased anxiety and worry (whether related to COVID-19 or not).
- People feeling overwhelmed and that they have no control over their worries.
- Those happy to access materials and support via an online format.
What is the focus of each session?
- Session 1: Understanding Worry and Anxiety
- Gain an understanding of what worry is, and how it may be affecting you.
- Recognise common triggers and symptoms of worry.
- Explore how our thoughts, feelings, physical symptoms and behaviour can keep worry going.
- Begin to categorise your worries as to whether they are hypothetical or practical.
- Session 2: Letting Go and Problem Solving
- Reflect on the types of worries you have and how to manage them effectively.
- To understand how finding it hard to tolerate uncertainty affects worry and how you can start to challenge it.
- Learn ways to refocus your mind and to manage both hypothetical and practical worries, using 'Worry Time' and 'Problem Solving.'
- Session 3: The Body and Planning for the Future
- Understand the impact of anxiety on the body.
- Learn ways to move away from the anxiety response to relaxation.
- Plan how you are going to continue using the techniques learned.
- Work out your warning signs and how to prevent relapses.
What will I need to do?
- Make time to watch the videos, where & when you can focus on the content.
- Set yourself goals.
- Have a go at the exercises so you can see how the ideas relate to your specific situation.
- Practise the skills and techniques during the week.
- Complete a weekly questionnaire so we can monitor progress & evaluate our service. This is a national standard for our service and is essential in ensuring we can continue providing free psychological therapies on the NHS.
What will I get out of it?
- A deeper understanding of your anxiety and what keeps it going.
- An opportunity to develop your tool box of techniques to better manage worry.
How can I access it?
- Select the 'Register' button.
- Complete the online registration form.
- We will send you an email with further information, asking you to confirm your place on the course.
How can I access it?
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts, to ensure you get your invite email.
- Check you Junk/ Spam folders if you don't hear from us within a week.
- Call us if you have any problems!