Work in Mind is a free service that provides tailored employment support to help people who are already accessing Health in Mind to secure or retain work.
The employment service within Health in Mind has been Nationally recognised as a leading provider in helping people achieve their employment goals.
Who is eligible for our service?
People who are already receiving support from Health in Mind and who have identified employment or vocational goals as important.
What does the Employment Service offer?
One to one support to gain and retain:
- Paid Employment (part or full time), in the mainstream labour market.
- Voluntary Work, Work Experience Placements & Education as stepping stone to achieving paid work.
- In Work Retention Support
How can we support individuals to achieve their employment goals?
An Employment Specialist will work with you to identify what your vocational goals are. They will then develop an action plan to help you to achieve them as well as address any barriers that are preventing you from accessing work.
If you are already in employment and you would like support to retain your job, an Employment Specialist will work with you and your employer to explore challenges you are facing and to consider what options are available.
- Information and Guidance on job searching & writing effective applications
- Creating a positive Mental Health disclosure statement for applications and interviews
- Advice on successful CV’s and interview techniques
- Employment related benefits advice
- Support when starting a job and regular confidential ‘In Work’ reviews
- Direction on suitable reasonable adjustments in the workplace
- Support with Access to Work Applications
How do I access this service?
This service is only available to people who are receiving treatment in Health in Mind. Please speak with your Health in Mind practitioner who can refer you directly to this additional service.
Work in Mind is provided by Southdown in partnership with Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.